Sunday 16 December 2012

Brit Writers Welcomes Joanna Lambert


I’m late as usual just like the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland.  The problem is time.  I do feel I’m organised, well I am at work anyway but I guess that’s because what I do and whether I do it on time or not affects other people in their jobs – there is a knock-on effect and questions to be answered  if I’m the cause of any delay .  With writing and posting on social networks it’s totally different.  I’m the one in the driving seat and my timetables are more flexible because I control them.  However there’s a danger here – I need to be just as organised because memory alone just won’t cope.  If I’m guesting on someone’s blog or having them guest on mine then there’s a deadline.  Writing has a slightly looser timeline for me.  I know when the next book should be ready for my editor, but sometimes there are things within the writing process which can throw that completely off course.   

And so with the Brit Writer’s Blog, my intentions were good.  I would contribute, send in my post and join everyone else who has spent time and effort writing and opening up their lives and thoughts on writing to the other members.  I had planned to start, even managed a couple of paragraphs, but other things simply got in the way.  But I’m pleased to say that at last I’m here with an apology and to say hi and how much I have enjoyed everyone else’s’ contributions.

As for me, well, I live just outside the World Heritage city of Bath. Bath was one of the settings for Jane Austen’s novel Persuasion and somewhere she is known to have lived for a time.  Bath is a magnet for writers, musicians and actors, we have more than our fair share.  There is something about the city which definitely brings out peoples’ creativity.  My writing currently vies for my time with part-time work, although I plan to hang up my keyboard and stop next year (work that is, not writing).  Although I enjoy my job I enjoy writing far more and want to spend more time on it.  



I am currently on my fifth novel, The Other Side of Morning.  My first three were a trilogy, a mix of love story, family saga and the music business.  The fourth was a sequel and for book five I have returned yet again to the same family tree as it is something readers seem to want.  The trilogy featured a rock band called The Attitude, the sequel another rock band called Rosetti and in the fifth, Rosetti’s front man is now a very successful solo artist.  The core of my writing is about cause and effect – how peoples’ actions affect the lives of others, sometimes those actions are good and sometimes not so good. I love exploring the interaction between people, putting them into certain situations and seeing how they resolve their issues.  I do have main characters but in general my books tend to have quite a big cast, which has led many people to suggest my writing would make great drama.  So there you have it, a little about me.

I am sorry it has taken so long to walk out onto the Brit Writer’s stage and meet everyone but now I’ve arrived I can say I’m pleased to be here alongside a huge group of talented people.

Joanna Lambert
Writer of Modern Romantic Sagas


twitter: @jolambertwriter
Facebook.com/audreyhawkins


No comments:

Post a Comment