Thursday 28 February 2013

Secret to Comic Relief by Rumki Chowdhry




I just recently released an ebook. The protagonists are a feminist and a masculist, both blog rivals who address serious issues that end up causing frivolous arguments. There is a humorous aspect within ‘Keep Your Enemies Closer’ that lightens the mood, hence my use of the terms ‘serious,’ but ‘frivolous.’

Though addressing the sensitive issues of man vs. woman and vice versa, it is all lightened up by comedy, adventure and romance. All of these aspects, put together, alleviate the gravity of any grim issues addressed in the book. It is a complex story filled with twists and surprises.

Think of all these films that contain the typical aspect of men vs. women or boys vs. girls and vice versa, ie. ‘Pillow Talk,’ ‘You’ve got Mail,’ or ‘She’s All That.’ They’re fun, romantic and adventurous or so, I think. No matter how much I watch these films, I cannot get angry with any serious discussions exchanged between the characters.

What is the secret?

While I wrote my ebook, I decided to analyze this topic. The characters, themselves lighten up the mood! It doesn’t matter if they address grim topics of discussion; rather, it matters how they address them, their tones of voice, their facial expressions, and their body language. All of these aspects together make the characters likeable no matter how much they hate each other in the storyline!

That is why authors need to describe the characters and give each of them individual personalities for comic relief! 

In the beginning, I have made a note to my readers that this is an entirely work of fiction and any serious issues addressed should be taken lightly.

I hope that my readers laugh.

by Rumki Chowdhry



Brit Writers
Facebook
Twitter

2 comments:

  1. wish you the very best Rumki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think it you simply HAVE to laugh sometimes. What's the alternative? Good luck, Rumki! :)

    ReplyDelete