Tuesday 6 November 2012

Brit Writers Blog - My Eyes tell a Story by Laura Caulton


They say that when you look deep enough into someone’s eyes, you can see  the story of their life. Have you ever looked deep enough into someone’s eyes?
My eyes could tell you a story; they could tell you that when I was younger I never fit in, I was always a bit of an outsider.
They could tell you that part of the reason that I did not fit in was because I thought differently to others around me.
They could tell you that throughout my teen years I slowly got a bit more confident and started to change within myself.
They could tell you that I found it hard to express myself and that until recently I did not fully know who I was.
They could tell you that even though I have had bad times, I’ve also had a lot of good times.
They could tell you that I have found my soul mate; the man who completes me and makes me whole.
They could tell you that my dad’s death mentally messed me up and caused me to fall into a dark depression where every day was a never ending battle to stay sane and made me question the meaning of life.
They could tell you that I am mentally and physically stronger than what I seem.
They can tell you that I have finally found a way to express  myself and that I can entertain others while doing it. I have found that I love to sit down  to read a book and that I also love to write my own stories,  bettering myself at what I do.
After reading this, next time you look into someone’s eyes, will you be brave enough to look deep into their soul and view their life story?
Can you look in a mirror at your own reflection and see  yourself for what you really are? Will you see your own scars that define you and make you unique? If you are brave enough to look beyond the surface and see a person for who they are, can you see the bigger picture behind life?
Thank you for reading my story. Inspiration to write can be discovered in strangest of places; in a person’s eyes, in your reflection, in your deepest thoughts. 

by Laura Caulton

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully inspirational post. I completely related. My eyes could tell you many things too.
    Well done, Laura, and congratulations for finding a way to fulfill yourself.
    Wendy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you liked it, i was.just.describing how i feel.when i wrote.it. X

    ReplyDelete